Carmel Ballroom Studio is Re-Opening!
The staff and the owner of Carmel Ballroom missed you!!!
While you were away… The studio got a refreshed look:
we constructed a new front desk, repainted the walls and conducted deep cleaning.
We are ready to see your smiley faces again!
Carmel Ballroom studio will resume private lessons on May 25th.
The studio will operate by appointment only until further notice.
Dates for group lessons will be announced at a later point.
Carmel Ballroom will NOT host its dance parties in the month of June.
We are eager to welcome back our students, and we are putting precautionary measures in place to keep our staff and the students safe:
– To schedule your private lesson, please contact your instructor directly or email the studio at firstname.lastname@example.org;
– Students and instructors are asked to use common sense; and to stay home if they are sick;
– Students and instructors will have their temperature measured when they arrive to the studio;
– Students will be asked the following 3 questions when they arrive for their lesson:
– Have you had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
– Are you currently ill? Do you have symptoms of a cold, cough, or shortness of breath? Have you temporarily lost your sense of taste or smell?
– Do you currently have a fever or have you had a fever within the past week?
– Anyone with temperature above 100.4F, as well as anyone who answered YES to any of the above questions will be asked to leave the studio and have their lesson rescheduled;
– Students and instructors will be asked to wash or sanitize their hands BEFORE and AFTER each lesson;
– Wearing masks is recommended but optional. Students and their instructors will discuss and agree whether or not they will be wearing masks AHEAD of time, to ensure that both parties feel comfortable with the chosen option;
– If you wish to wear a mask, please bring your own mask with you. The studio will NOT be providing masks;
– Students with underlying health conditions are encouraged to discuss with their doctor whether resuming ballroom dance lessons is the right decision for them at this time;
– We will minimize the number of people in the ballroom:
– We ask that the students arrive to their lessons alone, and are not accompanied by family members or spectators;
– If you arrive for your lesson early, please wait in the car for your allotted time;
– There will be no more than 2 private lessons taking place at the same time in the large ballroom and no more than 1 private lesson in the small ballroom;
– Kitchen and changing rooms will be closed;
– Water fountain use will be restricted to water bottle refills only;
– Majority of chairs and tables will be removed;
– The remaining tables will be spaced 6 feet apart to allow for social distancing;
– Instructors will sanitize these tables after each lesson;
– Front desk and high traffic areas will be cleaned daily;
– The studio will undergo deep cleaning weekly;
– The front desk will be equipped with a UV light disinfection wand to sterilize the thermometer, credit cards and pens;
– The internal doors leading to the lobby and to the dance studios will be propped open. This decreases the need for individuals to touch the door handles and maximizes the air flow.
– Hand sanitizers and paper towels will be available throughout the studio.
– In addition, students may bring their own hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes, if desired.
Rest assured that we have done our part in staying home and staying safe to limit the risk of community spread. We hope this gives you a sense of confidence and reassurance that we are doing all we can to keep you safe and healthy as we move into the next stage of recovery.
We are looking forward to seeing you as soon as you are comfortable.
Until then…take care of yourself, get plenty of rest, exercise, maintain social distance and wash your hands!
Carmel Ballroom Management